Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

As today is Mother's Day I want to write my Mom's favorite quote:

"How like a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child." Shakespear

I never saw myself as this but she must have. :)

My story for today comes from my #1. She sent me a gorgeous, huge bouquet for Mother's Day, lovely card and we talked for some time on the phone. Here is the story --

Sleeping soundly, she was awakened by a lot of noise, banging on her windows and a shouting of ' Your house is on fire, your house is on fire." All of this about 2 a.m. As she crawled out of bed, threw on some clothes, she told me she could smell smoke. When she got outside there was this man, drunk, obviously on his way home from the bar, jumping up and down, yelling, "Your house is on fire, do you have a hose?" #1 pointed out he was standing on the hose. He unstood himself and they proceeded to get water on the fire which had started in the garage. #1 informed me he jumped a 4' high fence and only God knows how he managed that, must have had some of help from above. Anyway the garage and house were saved, #1 is fine and repairs have started. I wondered why I hadn't heard from her. No phone, no computer and too busy at work. The flowers make up for it all. A typical Mom - me.

No comments: